Out West 2015
6757 miles – 19 states – 16 days – 4 National Parks – 3 audio books – 2 birthdays – 2 nights camping – 1 National Battlefield – 1 state park w/0 diamonds found 😦 – 1 Navajo Nation – 1 double rainbow – 0 speeding tickets!
Every couple of years my family and I drive out to Spokane, Washington to visit my family. People are often perplexed? bewildered? to the fact that we drive over 6,000 miles round-trip. Why? The answer is easy. . .because you get to see so much! Sure, by plane you get to your destination faster but you’re flying over all these great places you could be experiencing.
Here’s just a snapshot of some of the places that we visited during our Out West 2015 trip:
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora, ND
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Crow Agency, MT
- Yellowstone National Park
- John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Parkway (between Yellowstone and Grand Teton)
- Grand Teton National Park
- Grand Canyon North Rim entrance (only open 15 May – 15 Oct) South Rim is open all year
- Navajo Bridge
- Monument Valley – Navajo Nation
- Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, ArkansasI have some other photos posted over on Twitter that I shared as we were driving along.